Here’s some random things about you at 8.5 months.
- You LOVE to eat. Seriously love. It took us a while to get your interested in food, but once you got into it you never looked back. You quickly realized that purees were no good and that feeding yourself finger food is where it’s at. You’ve eaten the following finger foods: cheerios, bread/rolls, tortillas, pasta, pancakes, crackers, several types of beans, apple, banana, avocado, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut and acorn squash, persimmon, zucchini, chicken, turkey, ham, eggs, strawberries, blueberries, scones, shredded cheddar cheese, peaches, mandarin oranges, pears, yogurt melts, baby puffs, and mashed potatoes. You love just about all food we have given you with the exception of the zucchini, mashed potatoes, and black beans. You seem most excited about bananas, carrots, green beans, persimmon, cheddar, and chicken. You are still nursing like a champ!
- You are a busy, grabby, kicky, bouncy, busy little girl. We had to start strapping you to the changing table because you couldn’t lay still long enough to change your diaper. It’s like wrestling a pig. Changing your diaper takes about three times as long as it should. When being held, you like to lunge at things.
- You love to crawl, and you are just starting to pull to stand. You can pull up on low things and are working on pulling to stand on higher things like the couch and coffee table. You don’t really understand standing just yet. One foot is usually turned upside down somehow. You’ll figure it out soon! You have also just figured out that you have the ability to visit other rooms. We have introduced baby gates into our house because of this!
- You have two teeth on bottom and one tooth has broken through barely on top. There are two others also making their way in on the top. They have really been bothering you the last few days.
- You laugh and smile so easily. I can get you to laugh more in a day than your sister did in her first year probably. We find you just as delightful as you find the world!
- You just started dancing. When music is played, you start bouncing. When your favorite song comes on, Ingrid Michaelson’s You and I, you start bouncing, waving your arms, and squealing. That song used to be the only thing that would calm you down, but you don’t cry much anymore. Now, we put it on to make you and your sister smile.
- Your favorite toys are anything new really, that you have never seen before. You also like sticks of any kind (you take after your sister there; she also loves sticks), and rubber animals to chew on, balls. You like anything you can put in your mouth and are less interesting in the noisy electronic toys. You also love your sister’s little figurines. We have to watch you with those, since they can become a choking hazard.
- You are sleeping much better than you used to, thankfully. You sleep from about 8pm to about 5:30am, then you go to sleep until 8-9:30am. You take two naps, one in the late morning and one in the late afternoon.
- I am still your favorite. Me picking you up will usually solve all problems. Me walking by you when someone else is holding you makes you cry. If I am going to leave the room, I have to wait until you aren’t looking at me, or you will start to cry.
- You LOVE your sister. You like to play with her, and often you think she is playing with you when she is not. It keeps you entertained. She loves you too. She likes to pretend she is you, and she crawls around with you. We catch her giving you little hugs while playing. It’s very sweet. I hope you grow up to love eachother as much as you do now.
- I’m guessing you weigh around 22-23 lbs. You are in 18month clothes.
- You were an owl for Halloween. You didn’t really like your costume, so it didn’t stay on long.
Okay, that’s all I got right now. You’re an awesome baby.